Monday, December 28, 2009

In the Beginning...

So this is the second… no wait, the third blog that I have started this month. I hope that I can finally keep up with one this time. My problem, I tried to focus on one specific thing for each blog and realized that I didn’t have a lot to say about one specific thing. So this is a blog about me… about everything that I think of… about everything that I want to achieve. I am writing this blog for me, so that I can focus all of my goals in one place and track my accomplishments.




So with the new year coming up I have a couple of goals that I want to achieve by the end of next year:
  • I went natural!!! I stopped getting perms about a year ago and about two weeks ago I cut all of the perm out of my hair (3 inches was all that I had left of perm in my hair). So my goal is to keep it healthy and have it grow to my bra stap by the end of this year. This shouldn’t be too herd because it is about to my shoulder now. I want to achieve this by wearing protective styles as often as possible and not using as much heat on my hair.

  • I need to lose weight and get healthy. I am currently considered overweight by the doctors standards. I am 5′3-5′4 and 148 lbs. I want to lose 20lbs by the end of this year. So this means cut back on the fried food, cut back on fast food, exercise at least 3 times a week, and start taking vitamins. Well just yesterday I tried the Wii Fit and it told me that my fitness age was 35!!! So this is a huge goal that I need to work on (by the way that's 10 yrs older than what I am, I want to cry right now).

Financially my goals are a little more defined:



  • I have (wait for it) $68,000 in student loan debt!!! It overwhelms me so much that I have panic attacks about it but this year I have decided to tackle it with as much as I can. I have two loans, one is in deferment due to the fact that I am in graduate school part time, the other is a private loan totaling $40,000. It is a variable rate that started at $30,000 and has grown due to interest. Oh man that interest is going to kill me! I plan to put $1,000 a month towards the loan. Considering that I only have to pay $350 a month, that is a good start.

  • Save $15,000 in an emergency fund. So far I have$13,000 in the account now. The $2,000 difference is going to have to come through an extra job or maybe tax dollars or something becuase I have no more income to put towards this!

  • I am saving up to travel. This savings is going to further be refered to as TF, travel fund. I am going to save $1,800 this year; that’s $150 a month.

Well that is all for right now because it is getting late and I have some cooking to do. We are having a holiday potluck tomorrow at work… you know what that means… food all day long and a tummy ache later lol (but it will be well worth it).



Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment