Sunday, January 3, 2010

God works in mysterious ways

Everyone always says it but I experienced it today (though it is not the first time). So let me tell you about my experience (and start off with a little background info, lol). One of my new year's resolutions/goals is to develop my relationship with God. I bought a house in July 2009 (about 6 months ago) and have since been looking for a home church. Now, to be honest I didn't attend church every Sunday but I did try and go. I was looking at a bunch of different churches but I just never felt that God was calling me to stay at any of the churches. So this morning I woke up early and got ready to go to a church. I hadn't figured out exactly where I was going but it was the first Sunday of the year and if I was going to accomplish my goal I needed to at least try out a new church. There was a church that I passed almost everyday (well, I actually noticed it on my way home from Walmart one day) and I thought that I would try that church. I couldn't remember the name of the church so I googled churches in my area. I found a church that I thought was the one that that I had passed. I put the address in my gps and started off, even though I thought I knew the address I am horrible when it comes to directions and I didn't want to be late. As to my surprise I ended up at a totally different church. I walked in and took my seat and almost immediately felt the spirit overtake me. The church is small and quant and the setup is just like my old church. I was so excited that I wanted to join like today lol. I signed up to have someone call me and then almost immediately called my best friend. I mean immediately, I wasn't even out of the parking lot lol.

So, here is a few things that I learned in church today:

The message was about Living a Consistent Life with Christ. God desires consistency in our relationship with Him. He doesn't want you to lose your way no matter what because the devil is always waiting. You should be prepared for the attack from others because you are a Christian.

So in 2010 your goals should be the following:
1. Worry less and become more faithful.   God has everything in his hand, when you worry you show your lack of faith in Him.
2. Be more gracious/compassionate
3. Make a dent in the Kingdom.    Do (act) something in God's kingdom!
4. Take care of what God has given to you
     -Relationships
     -Money, Time, and Talent
5. Pray for our leaders (whether you are for or against them they play a major impact in our life)
6. Invest in a local church  - don't be a pew sitter
7. Grow in your maturity in Christ and your relationships with others. (This by far is going to be the hardest one to complete but I can do it).

Here are some scripture references:
Galatians 5:22
Ephesians 4:1-3; 6:11-13; 5:15-20
Matthew 6:25-27
Romans 5:20-21
Acts 9:10-16
Job 1:1-3
I Timothy 2:1-2
I Corinthians 12:27


I'm so excited about this journey!!!

Also, this is the first day of my budget, weight loss plan, and natural hair journey.

Budget
So I started my budget. I have already went beyond my food budget for the week. I feel that since I'm eating healthier the $25 allotted may not be enough. I ended up spending $38. I have to work on that next week.

Weight Loss
Ok so my current weigh in is 145.6 lbs. I am 5'3 so that technically makes me overweight. I am working on a lifestyle change. I only ate 2 wings (baked) and a couple of slices of the breast. For dinner I baked blackened whitefish (which I only ate a little bit), multigrain noodles with basil and olive oil, and steamed green beans. I still haven't kicked the pop though but I did downgrade to diet.

Natural Hair
So yesterday I went and cut off the rest of my permed hair. My hair is pretty short right now. My hairdresser suggested that I get a flexirod set. I was in the shop from 12-5 and when I got finished I hated my hair. I mean it was just a mess on top of my head but I couldn't stay there another minute. I just paid and left. I can't wait until next week when I take it out and try some things with my own natural hair! Here's a pic of the mop of mess on top of my head.


If I look unhappy I am!!! and I'm tired from sitting in there forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment